What Is Black Mold?
The Dangers of Black Mold in Your Redding, CA Home or Business
Black mold can be disturbing when found in your Shasta County residence or commercial property. Black mold growth can be caused by multiple reasons, including water damage, storm damage, high humidity, moisture, or even a leaky pipe. With any signs of mold growth in your home or business, it’s imperative to get a mold inspection done. This can help discover the cause and how severe the issue may be. Mold growth can start within 24-48 hours of being exposed to the slightest amount of moisture, creating an urgency to discover the source, stop the source and complete the mold remediation process, which is where we come in! SERVPRO of North Shasta has highly trained certified professionals ready to help discover where the moisture is coming from and how to get rid of it. Along with using advanced technology to discover any kind of moisture hidden in walls, cabinets, floors, etc. Black mold has the potential to be toxic and harmful to those exposed, so calling trained professionals is important for the safety of you, your family, or your business.
Here are a few helpful tips to keep mold from growing in your Redding, CA residence or business.
If you suspect black mold or any other mold growing in your home or office, give us a call today! 530-222-0200
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of North Shasta, Trinity & Greater Tehama Counties immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (530) 222-0200
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of North Shasta, Trinity & Greater Tehama Counties is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Shasta Lake
- Red Bluff
- Los Molinos