Your Belongings and Water Damage
CARING FOR YOUR DAMAGED BELONGINGS
We know a HOME is not just drywall, wood, carpet, cement, and a roof, but its memories, knickknacks, pictures, and artwork drawn from your famous daughter or son. Protecting your home from water, fire, mold, and storm damage is a lot more than replacing and cleanup, but for those precious keepsakes, it's all about restoration.
SERVPRO Restoration Process
1. Assess Damage and Course of Action
- What caused the damage? (FIRE, SMOKE, WATER, MOLD)
- What type of cleaning process is needed or required to restore?
Dry Cleaning - used for pre-cleaning and cleaning light residues.
Wet Cleaning - helps remove moderate to heavy residues.
Spray and Wipe - use in-house products and wipes to clean what wet cleaning could damage.
Foam Cleaning - used for upholstery fabrics.
Abrasive Cleaning - involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of custom in-house cleaning products.
- Does the property, windows, or doors need to be boarded up to prevent further damage?
2. Clear Communication
- When an accident occurs in your home or business, our staff will walk you through every step, action, and procedure.
Frequently asked questions:
Q: Can we restore Documents/Photographs?
A: Yes, Depending on the type of documents and the level of water damage, we have five options for restoration.
Q: Can my electronics be restored?
A: We can help coordinate with local electronic companies to help repair your Television, DVD players, computers, etc.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
If You Have Questions or Need Help,
Call Us Today – (530) 222-0200
SERVPRO of North Shasta, Trinity & Greater Tehama Counties specializes in restoring contents damaged by fire, water, or mold. Our expertise and “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. We pretest your contents to determine what items can be restored back to their condition before the water damage. We utilize several methods of cleaning your contents, including the following:
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to wet cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand wet cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if wet cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of North Shasta, Trinity & Greater Tehama Counties can conduct an organized, efficient move-out of the affected area. A move-out will provide several benefits, including the following:
- A quicker remodeling process
- Protecting items from potential damage
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage
When restoration is completed, we will work with you to coordinate the move-in according to your needs. The services offered upon move-in may depend on your insurance coverage.
Water-damaged electronics can present a serious hazard. Do not attempt to turn on or operate any electrical device that you suspect has been damaged by water. We will coordinate the restoration of your electronics, including:
- Television sets
- DVD players
- And more
The key to restoring electronics is taking prompt action to prevent further damage. We start by cleaning the exterior of electronic devices to help stop further corrosion and damage. Electronics will be cleaned and inspected by a qualified electronics technician.
Document / Photograph Drying
When your valuable documents, including photographs, are damaged by water, extreme caution should be taken to help ensure the water damage does not destroy the document. Although some documents may not be restored to pre-water damage condition, SERVPRO of North Shasta, Trinity & Greater Tehama Counties can save a great deal and help minimize additional damage.
Depending on the type of documents and the level of water damage, we have five options for the restoration of documents:
- Air Drying
- Freezer Drying
- Vacuum Freeze Drying
- Vacuum Thermal Drying
Contents Claim Inventory Service
When a water emergency strikes, the damage can often feel overwhelming. We can help ease the worry and confusion during the recovery process by offering our Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS), which provides a detailed and accurate list of your belongings. We take a room-by-room inventory of your contents, including digital photos, and in some instances, bar coding.
Our Contents Claim Inventory Service:
- Preloss list and value of contents
- Detailed and accurate report
- Better information to settle claims quicker
- Assistance with burden of proof for claims
- Peace of mind when you need it most